THA is not performing any services on behalf of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services or any specific health insurance exchange. THA operates this website and tools to help you better understand your options under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), connect you with local help to answer any of your questions and help with your Health Insurance Marketplace application, and link you to the federal online Health Insurance Marketplace.
THA reserves the right to change the provisions of this policy at any time. THA will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the policy the date it was last updated. THA encourages you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
What Personal Information Does THA Collect?
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit this site. THA collects certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, email address, and cell phone number. THA may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time in response to interactive tools such as calculators. If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information.
Passive Collection: When you use the Sites, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, pages viewed, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on the Sites. THA treats this information as personal information if it is combined with or linked to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
THA may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help THA improve the Sites. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. Your choice to remove or reject browser cookies could affect certain features on the Sites. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Sites or in emails relating to the Sites to collect certain information about usage and program effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Sites.
What Personal Information Does THA Share With Third Parties?
It is THA’s policy not to share the personal information it collects from you through the Sites with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Sites. For example, THA may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are engaged by or working with THA and who need access to such information to carry out their work for THA for the specific purpose of connecting you with health insurance and/or using that insurance effectively;
- when you give THA your consent to do so, including if THA notifies you on the Sites that the information you provide will be shared or used in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when THA believes in good faith that it is lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when THA believes in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of THA, its users, its employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of the Site; and
- to enforce or apply this Policy, THA’s Terms of Service, or other policies or agreements.
The Sites are hosted by a third party. THA is not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor is it responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. Nothing in this policy restricts THA’s ability to share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties.